PCT Advancement Program
Opportunity Starts Here
Northeast Georgia Health System: Who we are
Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS) is a non-profit community health system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. NGHS is anchored by Northeast Georgia Medical Center’s (NGMC) four hospital campuses – NGMC Gainesville, NGMC Braselton, NGMC Barrow, and NGMC Lumpkin with a total of more than 700 beds and more than 1,100 medical staff members and 50 specialties that partner together to provide our community and patients with the highest level of care.
Mission, Vision, Values
Mission: Improving the health of our community in all we do.
Vision: We will be the preferred and indispensable healthcare resource throughout Northeast Georgia.
Values: NGHS prides itself on four core values, all of which help us achieve our mission of improving the health of our community in all we do. These values shape the daily interactions between our physicians, staff, volunteers, board members, patients, and their loved ones. The four core values are:
- Respectful Compassion: I impact life’s most sacred moments
- Deep Interdependence: I can’t do my job without you
- Responsible Stewardship: What I do today ensures tomorrow
- Passion for Excellence: I bring my best every day
Perks of the Program
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Supporting your transition into a clinical role
- Full-time, fully benefited position
- NGHS covers all educational expenses for student employees while completing CNA school
- Students also receive an hourly rate while attending school, clinicals, and working as a PCT assistant
Program Start Date
Our next cohort will begin on Monday, August 15, 2022.
NGHS will offer multiple cohorts throughout the year.
Scope of Program
NGHS will offer cohort sizes of 8-14 student employees for the PCT Advancement Program. Our program is a customized version of Lanier Technical College’s standard Nurse Aide program. The program is 8 weeks long. The student will attend school full-time during the length of the program which is 4 days per week (Monday – Thursday) for 8 weeks. In addition, student employees will work 8 hours per week at one of the NGHS hospitals as a Patient Care Tech Assistant.
At the end of the program, all successful participants will interview & be offered a full-time position at an NGHS facility as a Patient Care Tech.
The employee will be accepted and enrolled in the eight-week Nurse Aide Program and pass the National Nurse Aide Assessment for certification prior to transfer and orientation in a patient care unit.
Once certification is obtained, PCTs will perform a variety of clinical tasks including, but not limited to the following: nursing support and transport duties, cleaning and stocking of patients’ rooms and other unit areas, and direct patient care within the scope of defined practice. A PCT functions under the direct supervision of the shift primary nurse. Cares for patients in the adolescent, adult, and geriatric age groups. Performs clinical duties in accordance with population-specific guidelines and adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as outlined in policy and procedures.
- Enrollment in the eight-week PCT Advancement Nurse Aide Program
- Complete on-the-job training once the student passes the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program Examination