Education and Training
NGHS Education and Training
Knowledge is Power
Northeast Georgia Health System is a leader among hospitals in our outreach efforts to students who are considering a career in healthcare. NGHS serves as a clinical training site for many academic institutions and offers career development funding assistance through its scholarship programs for hard-to-fill positions. Educational pursuits of employees are assisted through flexible scheduling and tuition and advanced certification reimbursement programs. Professional Medical Librarian services and online databases are available in the organization’s Health Sciences Library and Resource Center.
NGHS is dedicated to ensuring that our employees are well-trained and receive the support they need to meet their career goals.
Employee Career Development Programs
NGHS offers to its employees training and skill development through:
- RN Residency Program
- Nursing and Allied Health Continuing Education Activities
- Preceptor Training
- Medical Terminology Classes
- American Heart Association Certifications, i.e., BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Advanced Stroke Life Support (ASLS) Training
- Internships in Select Positions
- Basic and Advanced Microsoft Office Computer Skills Development Classes
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC) Training
- Extended Specialty Orientation Programs, i.e., Operating Room, Labor and Delivery, NICU, Critical Care
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities accredited through Medical Association of Georgia (MAG)
Additionally, on-the-job training may be obtained within the respective departments for other patient assistance and non-clinical positions such as: patient care techs, patient registrars, switchboard operators, accounting clerks, filing clerks, communications and more.
Educational Affiliate Programs
NGHS partners with local secondary schools and community groups, and colleges throughout the state and nation to provide training sites for a variety of clinical and non-clinical programs.
- Nursing clinical placements for Foothills Area Health Education Center’s (AHEC) Nursing Re-Entry Program
- Medical student rotation sites through AHEC Foothills Area Health Education Center
- Project SEARCH, Community Based Vocational Instruction, and Youth Apprenticeship Programs
NGHS realizes that “one size fits all” doesn’t always fit everyone. That’s why we provide employees with the power to shape their comprehensive benefit program to meet their specific needs. And it’s flexible – what may work for you this year, may need to be changed the next. Our benefits package can be recreated year after year to fit the changes in your life. To learn more about benefits, contact us:HR.firstname.lastname@example.org.